Friday, August 29, 2008

Korea

Matt is finally back from Korea! The girls and I picked him up this last Saturday at the airport. His flight left Korea around 3 pm to Los Angeles and then boarded another plane to Salt Lake at 1 pm. So about a 12 hour difference with the time change to Utah. He still has major jet lag! He cant sleep at night and wants to sleep all day, but is still managing his classes and homework well. While it was humid and hot the whole time Matt said he still enjoyed most of Korea and the people there. Here is a pic of Lizzy in an adorable outfit Matt picked up while he was there.


The top is a little big so we didn't even try to put the bottoms on. Lizzy looks so cute in it though. Sometimes she doesnt look part Korean but she has 1/4 of it in her.


Korean food on the flight there



Matt met some friends and went to a Karaoke Bar. I think they kinda look the same. Matt just wasnt wearing his glasses.




Of course there's always a McDonnalds and Burger King. Good American food.

Matt told me Koreans love Americans that can't speak their language, but they hate those that are half Korean and cant speak it at all. They still got to know Matt well enough to have fun. He plans to go to Korea every year for 2 weeks for his National Guard training. While he was there they had asked him to stay for a whole YEAR!!! But knowing how I would feel about that, he decided coming home and finishing school would be best. We are glad to have daddy home.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I'm sure your glad to have him home! I don't think I could handle two kids alone for two weeks! YIKES! I think it's hilarious how much Asians LOVE Karaoke. When I was in Taiwan, the business colleagues I worked with wanted to take me every night!

tearese said...

what a cute little outfit! I want one. I bet you're really glad to have him home!