Monday, March 23, 2009

One Year Older and Wiser Two

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
to
Elizabeth and Melanie!!

Our Little Lizzy turned two yesterday and I turned 23 on the 18th. It's hard to believe she is already two! Time flies! We decided to celebrate yesterday with just our little family of 4. Matt had to be at drill until 5:00, so I got to hang out with the girls for most of the day. I threw a roast in the crock pot and took the girls to church. Oh man, Lizzy was crazy! She was drinking her milk "moka, moka" and she finished it all, demanding, "more, more!!". As soon as I said "no, we don't have any here" she chucked her sippy cup behind us hitting an older woman! I don't think it hit her face but it was still bad. How embarrassing! Once we got home the day went better.



Matt requested I make a fun dirt cake for Lizzy's birthday. It turned out really cute. Super easy and NO baking required!

Lizzy got a ton of toys, puzzles, books and clothes. Matt got me 5 Suzanne Sommers' books and a necklace. My Mom and Dad sent a card with a coupon for a nights stay at a bed and breakfast in town. The place is a surprise! We get to go in April and my sister from Provo gets to babysit. We can't wait to go!

This fun toy is from her Grandma and Grandpa Bonnett and she has been playing with it all day, taking it where ever she goes. Thanks Mom and Dad!

Birthday girl wearing her favorite bunny slippers from a year ago. They are a little small on her, but we managed to shove her foot in. Super cute with the dress Lizzy!


Our Lizzy does this hilarious thing with her blanket for comfort. She finds one of the corners and rubs it under nose, on her top lip, while making a sucking motion with her lips. I guess this time she wanted to try it out on her arm pits.....then her neck. Sometimes we catch her playing with her blanket between her toes. One CRAZY girl!! What ever makes her happy I guess.

Happy Birthday Princess Lizzy!!! We love you so much and are blessed to have you in our lives!

5 comments:

JA and co. said...

Happy late birthday, Melanie! (And Lizzy!) Looks like y'all had a ton of fun :). I can't believe she's two already...time flies!

Whitney Baldwin said...

Happy (late) Birthday to both you girls! I laughed and laughed about Lizzy's church incident. She is so cute she can get away with that kind of thing!

tearese said...

Happy Birthday guys! She looks so cute in the dress! What a big girl.

Emily said...

Happy birthday to both of you! Enjoy your night away! I wish I had one of those . . . ;)

Aubrey said...

Your girls are soo adorable!!