Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Ultimate Baby Bottle

I'm in the process of weaning Isabelle to a bottle and have found it very difficult to get her to take ANY of the bottles I have. She has a tiny mouth and gags on any long nipples or pacifiers. So I tried the NUK bottles that are similar to the pacifier she takes and she still hated it. So we all decided to take a trip to Babies "R" Us and check out what they have. I talked to a sales associate for help and she directed me to the Adiri Natural Nurser. The top of the bottle basically looks like a breast.This IS, the ONE bottle she will take and she loves it. So, you turn it upside down with the lid on tight and add your milk, then you screw on the bottom and shake. The bottom has a flower shaped vent to let the air escape. I love the quality and design so it's definitely a keeper. I was able to attend a Military Ball last night ONLY because she was able to finally take this bottle. So I feel like I can have a little more freedom. AND Last night, for the FIRST TIME, Isabelle slept from 11:00pm to 4:00am. What a blessing that was for me! Now I have to see if she can do it consecutively. Then hopefully we can push it to 6:00am.

4 comments:

Emily said...

I am going to buy this bottle! How cool! I'm not trying to wean Dallin, but the little stinker won't take ANY bottle or pacifier! I can't go anywhere without him and I'm starting to feel a little claustrophobic! I need him to take a bottle so I can have a mommy break!

Sounds like you enjoyed the ball. How fun. I look forward to going out with my husband soon!

Alicia said...

Wow, that bottle looks like the real thing! When my boys were little all the companies would say that their bottle was the closest to breast feeding, but this bottle definately got it the closest!

tearese said...

Elora had pumped milk while I worked, and the only bottle she liked was Avent...they too are supposed to have a natural shape to them. Glad you got her to take the bottle!

Anonymous said...

Hi,,
My baby also refused to get any bottle that I have,, So many teats n bottle I try.. the latest was Mimijumi but the niples was too long... my baby likely want to vomit when keep try on it...
Maybe I should try Adiri...Love to have ot one today... wowo!! I have to back offce in 1 week time. Hope Baby Aleesya can accept ADIRI so much!!!