Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veterans Day

Today was such an awesome day! There are days when I'm not to sure I want to be military wife. The weekends or weeks that Matt is away for training are TOUGH!!! Then again, I do have two wonderful girls that are only 14 months apart. ALL of his Army stuff is ALL over the place. Very frustrating at times. Today was a reminder of how proud I am of my soldier. He LOVES what he does, WANTS to be in the Army for 20 years and WANTS to experience Iraq. I am lucky he has NOT been to Iraq yet. So Matt left this morning to set up the cannons for a ceremony that was held on campus. The girls and I got bundled up and walked the HUGE hill to campus. We watched an amazing ceremony and as the Major read off all the wars America has fought in, the cannon fired. It was super emotional. I started crying after the 2nd war was listed then the Major started to get emotional as he read the names. We then got to see Matt and walked home together. Thanks to all the soldiers fighting for our country.

2 comments:

Laura said...

How neat!!! I never saw that when we were up there! Love it! Thanks to your hubby for his service!

Whitney Baldwin said...

Cool post! Thanks to Matt for his service-- and also to you and your girls for your sacrifice as well!!