Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Melanie's Super Easy Somersizing Made up Recipes to LOSE weight!!!

So I make up my own recipe's for this Suzanne Somers' eating plan. But it works to lose weight! I lost 30 lbs last summer on just the way I ate. Now I'm trying to do it again with exercise this time. Amber wanted some of my recipes so I just decided to blog about it. Here you go SisDer!!!

This is a new one!!

Cheesy Italian Chicken Tomato
(The name says it all)

1. Grill some chicken and cut into strips OR purchase a bag at Wal-mart of frozen pre-cooked grilled chicken strips(Super Easy)

2. Place on a plate and throw on some Mozzarella cheese.

3. Cut up some Tomatoes and add to the side

4. Pour some Zesty Italian Dressing over ALL of it

5. Nook for about 45 seconds. Till cheese melts.

Add some green beans for more food! I know the Italian Dressing has some sugar in it. But I just think if I'm at least eating THIS healthy, then its gotta be doing some good to my body. Or don't add it at all.


CREAM CHEESE and VEGGIES!!!

Super fatty but Super yummy. I think of Cream Cheese as pretty much a dip. One day I just bought a ton of veggies, like; Celery, Cucumbers, Zucchini, Carrots, and broccoli and dipped them in cream cheese. Place an 8oz package of cream cheese in a bowl or get the spread, and DIP away. It would probably work best to not use a ton of cream cheese. Fill up on veggies. This could be a snack or a small lunch.

This Cream Cheese Recipe I owe to KRAFT PHILADELPHIA

PHILLY Tomato-Basil Dip
1 Pkg 8oz Cream Cheese
2 Plum Tomatoes
2 Tbsp. Zesty Italian Dressing
2 Tbsp. Parmesan Cheese
1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh basil

SPREAD cream cheese on bottom of 9in pie plate
MIX Tomatoes and dressing and spread over cream cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan and Basil
SERVE with Wheat things or fresh veggies

So this one is pretty much like the cream cheese and veggies. Just spruced up a bit.


SPLENDA NO CRUST CHEESECAKE


So this one isn't the best because we ALL know what REAL Cheesecake tastes like.
I use the PHILADELPHIA 2 step recipe and substitute sugar for Splenda and NO crust.

2 Pkgs. Cream Cheese, Softened
1/2 c. Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
2 Eggs
1 Can NO SUGAR ADDED pie filling. (They have cherry and apple)

Blend Well cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Beat in eggs till smooth. Pour into a spring form pan or any pie dish. You can try spraying Pam at the bottom so it doesn't stick. I haven't tried that yet. Bake at 350 for about 20 to 40 min. You kinda have to check and guess. My oven is small so foods cook a little faster and you don't have a crust this time. Cool. Chill and add pie filling. I am the only one here that will eat it, so I just dig in with my fork.

I was REALLY craving sweets one day and decided to just make it without the crust and with splenda. It wasn't super yummy but it satisfied me.


SHEPHERDS PIE

Brown 1lb of ground beef, drain and add 1 can of tomato soup and 1 can of green beans. Add desired salt and pepper. Dash of Worcestershire sauce. Simmer for 5 min and eat as is. AS MUCH AS YOU WANT!!!! Maybe add 2 cans of green beans but no Potatoes or rice.


TACO SALAD

Brown 1lb of ground beef, drain. Add a package of taco seasoning mix and follow the instructions.
Load the plate with Lettuce and add beef, cheese, tomatoes, and sour cream. Dig in!


I LOVE GREEN BEANS!!!

Sometimes I just use a can of green beans as noodles.

Make meatballs add tomato sauce and pour over a plateful of green beans.

As a side you can nook a bowl of green beans completely drained and add cheese.

These are just a few things I make, because I'm sometimes too lazy to make anything amazing like Suzanne Sommers! The whole idea is to separate your carbs from fats. In the morning I just have 2 slices of whole wheat sugar free toast and sometimes that's all the carbs I have for the day. This way of eating is for loosing weight and you MUST follow it consistently with carbs and fats separate from each other. AND NO SUGAR. There are a few more rules that I dont always apply. You can get her books for more info. If you just want to maintain your shape eat whole wheat carbs with your fats. Eating tons of veggies can do you NO HARM and protein fills you up.

3 comments:

Amber and Mike said...

Thanks Mel!! If only Michael loved green beans...

Laura said...

That is great! I will have to try it!

kanaboke said...

thanks so much for sharing girl!! You Rock!