Saturday, December 20, 2008

WE MADE IT.............

To TEXAS!!!

WHAT A TRIP! We had to go down to Provo first to pick up my sis and THEN take her to the airport. All the while we were trying to get out of town before the storm came in. I got to start out driving which ended up being through the mountains and Wyoming. AND... we did NOT beat the storm. It was terrible. We literally couldn't see the road in front of us at times. The snow became so thick that we got stuck at one point. Thanks SO much to Matt for putting those snow tires on before we left, we were able to get out fairly easy. We then followed a truck, that looked like he knew what he was doing, until....... someone cut him off right in front of us. He lost control, spinning out and ended up off the road knocking down a huge sign. We were so scared crazy that we stopped and helped him out. His car wasn't okay but he was just fine. We decided to stay the night with my Aunt in Denver. We left this morning around 4am and arrived in Texas around 6pm. The girls were good for the most part but they definitely had their moments. We are so thankful and blessed to have arrived safely. We hope everyone will have a wonderful Christmas and those home in Utah.... we will be seeing you next year!!!!

8 comments:

Laura said...

THAT IS ONE LOOOOONNNNNGGGGG trip!! Glad you made it!

kanaboke said...

oh my goodness! Girl, that seems so scary. We only had a drive to Provo this morning and it was easy from Ogden on..your trip seemed much more dangerous! Glad you guys made it safely and see you guys Next Year!!!

tnralvords said...

I am glad that you made it!!!! I hope you have a great holiday season!

Emily said...

That drive is not fun!

Alicia said...

Scary!!! I hate driving in the snow, I'm so glad my husband grew up in this crazy weather! I'm glad you guys didn't spin off the road too!!! Merry Christmas and hopefully the drive back will be better!!

Whitney Baldwin said...

Holy moly...glad you guys made it there safe! Have a wonderful time with family and a merry Christmas!

tearese said...

woah, I hope everyone is okay! We were lucky, we missed all the bad weather everytime we drove. The worst was wind in KS, but that was it. Talk to you soon!

Heather said...

A tip for next time... if there is bad weather DON'T GO THROUGH WYOMING! Go through the mountains on I-70. The mountains can act as a shield. It can still get bad up there, but not NEARLY as bad as I-80 through Wyoming. THere is nothing to stop the snow up there so wind speeds keep picking up...

but I'm GLAD TO HEAR YOU'RE OK! That is so scary!